Below are my biggest takeaways from James Altucher and Jerry Colonna’s Cojourneo workshop, “Life, Love and Finding Your Way as an Entrepreneur.”
Overall it gave me a better understanding of the “rollercoaster” life of an entrepreneur and the mental toughness it requires and got me super pumped to continue the journey.
- James’ #1 piece of advice to entrepreneurs: forgive your failures
- A key to entrepreneurship is having low exceptions but still pushing yourself to step out and create value
- Don’t believe in the life deferment plan (“one day I’ll have x and y and it will all be great”)
- Don’t read the newspaper
- Spend an hour a day meditating BECAUSE you are busy
- Rarely do cell phones create memories. Memories come from in-person interactions.
- Don’t make instinctive decisions under stress
- A company is a collective soul of all its stakeholders – employees, customers, etc.
- Never stop coming up with ideas or your business will fail. Create a culture of ideas.
- A big part of business is storytelling
- On selling your company:
- a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
- you can create value many times
- Don’t let your sense of self be attached to other people
Get 10x More Interviews
Sign up to get your free ebook on getting cust dev interviews