Networking all starts with helping others without expectations for anything in return. However, sometimes you may not be able to provide that monster intro or resource. In those situations, I find smaller ways to help.
Examples of small ways to help include:
- Responding to one of their tweets
- Mentioning them in a tweet
- Commenting on their blog (wink wink hah)
- Sharing their blog
- Sending relevant news – possibly related to their competitors or industry
- Sending relevant blogs – blogs providing advice on something they’re currently working on
- Sending relevant events they should attend
- Sending relevant companies or organizations they may want to check out
- Inviting them to an event you’re going to
- Help promote something they’re promoting – like an event they’re hosting or Skillshare class they’re teaching
These are small and easy things to do that people really appreciate. It’s not as good as introducing them to their next hire or next big partnership, but it’s still helpful.
To learn more about networking, check out my video course, How to Build an Awesome Professional Network.
Get 10x More Interviews
Sign up to get your free ebook on getting cust dev interviews