And more often than you think, you’ll get the answer you want.
I’ve been surprised by what opportunities have presented themselves as a result of asking questions such as:
- Could I work on project X?
- Could I sit in on X important meeting?
- Could you introduce me to superstar X?
- Do you happen to know someone at company X?
- Could you give me some feedback on my X?
- Do you happen to know someone I could talk to about X thing I’m working on?
- Will you go on a date with me? 😉
Most good things don’t come from sitting back and waiting for them…you often have to go after what you want.
Sometimes people just need to know what you’re looking for. Don’t try to read other people’s minds and don’t make people try to read yours. Just ask!